Gerard Butler has boarded Ralph Fiennes’ directorial debut “Coriolanus.” Butler will play Tullus Aufidius opposite Fiennes, who will play the title role of the proud but contemptuous soldier spurred on by his ambitious mother to run for the Roman Senate, which ultimately leads to his downfall. Butler has had a busy slate of late, appearing in “The Ugly Truth” with Katherine Heigl, “Gamer” and most recently “Law Abiding Citizen” with Jaime Foxx.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California