Emily Watson, David Wenham and Hugo Weaving have boarded helmer Jim Loach’s directorial debut “Oranges and Sunshine.” Pic recounts the true story of Margaret Humphreys, a British social worker who in 1987 discovered that the government had secretly deported thousands of children in child protective services from the U.K. to Australia. Rona Munro has penned the screenplay, which is an adaptation of Humphreys’ book “Empty Cradles.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania