Emily Watson, David Wenham and Hugo Weaving have boarded helmer Jim Loach’s directorial debut “Oranges and Sunshine.” Pic recounts the true story of Margaret Humphreys, a British social worker who in 1987 discovered that the government had secretly deported thousands of children in child protective services from the U.K. to Australia. Rona Munro has penned the screenplay, which is an adaptation of Humphreys’ book “Empty Cradles.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California