- Co-creators David Simon and Ed Burns, acclaimed for their HBO series “The Wire,” turn their gritty aesthetic on soldiers serving in the Iraq War.
- Nominated for a 2008 longform prize by the Writers Guild (losing to “John Adams”).
Variety review: “HBO nails the target with ‘Generation Kill’ — a raw, gritty, so-real-you’ll-forget-it’s-drama miniseries.”
THE LAST TEMPLAR
- “Da Vinci Code”-style epic follows Mira Sorvino on a quest for the Knights Templar.
- Despite an average score of 29 on Metacritic, the series was able to attract a solid 9 million viewers during its first night.
Variety review: “‘The Last Templar’ is nobody’s idea of a seaworthy miniseries.”
- “Scrubs” star Sarah Chalke plays a carefree gal-turned-gold digger who schemes to marry an independently wealthy movie producer.
- Based on a novel by Gigi Levangie Grazer.
Variety review: “A rather heartless soap that unconvincingly uses Hollywood as a backdrop.”