Terms not available as of Wednesday
A settlement has been reached in Moritz Borman’s lawsuit against two of his fellow “Terminator: Salvation” producers and their Halcyon Co. banner.
The parties said Thursday in a joint statement that they had reached an “amicable” resolution to the suit, which has been dismissed. The fourth “Terminator” pic, starring Christian Bale and directed by McG, is set for release May 21.
“We are glad to have these issues behind us so we can focus on working with our filmmakers and our studio partners at Warner Bros and Sony Pictures to give Terminator fans the next amazing installment in this enduring series of films,” said Borman, Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek in the statement.
Borman sued Anderson, Kubicek and Halcyon last month in Los Angeles Superior Court, alleging fraud and breach of contract for not paying him producing fees; he was seeking more than $160 million in damages (Daily Variety, March 9).
Borman alleged in the action that he had arranged for the transfer of the “Terminator” rights to Anderson and Kubicek but would not have done so had he known of the pair’s “shady” background. He also alleged Anderson and Kubicek “hijacked” the production in July as principal photography was being completed and refused to pay him the $2.5 million balance of his producing fee.
Jeffrey Silver, who was not named in the complaint, also produced. “Terminator 3” scripters John D. Brancato and Michael Ferris wrote the screenplay.