The art of fan-made fantasy trailers on the Internet has come a long way. The latest — this appeal to cast Nathan Fillion in the upcoming Green Lantern film — could fool a lot of people. For the record, though, this is not an official trailer for the film.
Jaron Pitts, a video editor from Dallas, has Frankenstein-ed this trailer together, using snippets of everything from “Iron Man” to “Galaxy Quest”. It’s an impressive piece of work that should keep the fan base chattering until Warner Bros. decides to release some official information about the project.
Fillion is not currently thought to be affiliated with the film. With his nerd-cred, though, and the growing buzz with this faux-trailer, Warner may want to give it some thought.
Note: While not exactly a red-band trailer, there is a bit of harsh language at the end, for those with sensitive ears.
- Oscars Producer Says She Wouldn’t Want Anyone but Jimmy Kimmel to Host 90th Academy Awards
- Jude Law on ‘The Young Pope’ and How Global Politics Could Shape a New Season
- Cannes 2017 Lineup Is High on Auteur Intrigue, Low on Safe Awards Bets
- John Ridley’s L.A. Riots Documentary ‘Let It Fall’ Aims for Oscars Over Emmys
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut