Unveils five Web-only programs for venture
Fox Sports has created a new online division and unveiled five Web-only programs to kick-start the venture.New unit, Fox Sports Digital Entertainment, will help create synergy between the network and online. The shows will launch at 1 p.m. Sept. 14 and will be titled under a banner “Lunch With Benefits.” “We want to develop a variety of programs that appeal to hardcore sports fans, many of whom turn to their computers for entertainment and information as they lunch,” said Fox Sports chairman David Hill. “Not every show is going to click its first time out, but we’re going to probe and push to see where we can go, and how far.” The new program lineup:
- “The Afterparty With Jay Glazer,” where the host will chat with the previous week’s top players
- “Coach Speak With Brian Billick,” in which the former Super Bowl coach discusses strategy with other coaches
- “The College Experiment,” a review and preview of games
- “Cubes,” in which officemates discuss male-oriented topics
- “Inside Call,” a look at the “NFL Sunday” personalities outside work.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!