Shine Intl. restructures, adds programs
ShineReveille Intl., the international distrib arm of Elisabeth Murdoch’s Shine Group, is renaming itself Shine Intl., as it loads up on programs.Chris Grant will continue to head the wing as prexy. The consolidation comes on the heels of Shine’s acquisition spree of the past few years, which brought several distribution entities under the company’s umbrella. The newly consolidated division will incorporate the international sales units of ShineReveille, Metronome and Metronome subsid Friday TV. As part of that restructuring, senior VP John Pollak has been promoted to exec VP. Matt Vassallo has been promoted to VP in charge of Latin America. The programs that Shine has recently picked up for international distribution include the following:
- “Blood, Sweat + Gears,” a reality show from Nick Davis Prods. that aired on the Sundance Channel this summer and follows a team of bicyclists trying to sneak into the Tour de France.
- “Adopted,” Showtime’s nonscripted show about Pauly Shore’s efforts to adopt an African child. Show is produced by Hunta Films, Landing Patch Prods. and Wut It Is.
- “I Can’t Believe I’m Still Single,” another Showtime reality series, which follows the romantic quest of thesp Eric Schaeffer to find a mate. Produced by 100% Terry Cloth.
- “Live From the Artists Den,” PBS’ concert docu series, which will include shows like Jakob Dylan at the Desmond Tutu Center and Ben Harper at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival.
- “Underdog to Wonderdog,” Animal Planet’s series about canine rescuers, produced by Sharp Entertainment.
- “The Naked Office,” Shine TV’s own nonscripted show about offices desperate enough to try group therapy involving a wholly unclad workplace.