“Ugly Betty”: Silvio Horta tells all to Season Pass

SilviohortaListen up, Ugly Betty fans. Variety‘s Season Pass blog has a Mode-errific interview with showrunner Silvio Horta, the scribe with the brightest smile in Hollywood (as evidenced at left).

Horta touches on a little bit of everything about the show in the Q&A conducted by Kathy Lyford from questions submitted by fans. Among the topics he touches is how the relationship between Betty and Gio, played by Freddy Rodriguez, developed.

As Horta explains:

I’ve always known Freddy Rodriguez to be an outstanding actor, but even so, I never expected the chemistry that he brought — it was simply incredible. Obviously, we saw this chemistry immediately and that did affect certain details of Betty and Gio’s relationship. In other words, we utilized the chemistry America and Freddy brought to the show by writing scenes with that same chemistry in mind.

1. Beatrice B says:

Oh well. Happiness is brief. But it is still a very positive article, Cynthia. I am glad Silvio Horta acknowledges the great chemistry between Rodriguez and Ferrera. I am still hopeful for next season.

2. Cynthia says:

Folks, I’m VERY sorry to get your hopes up. I misinterpreted Horta’s comments in the Q&A as being about Betty and Gio this season when he was mostly referring to last season. It’s my bad for not keeping up with the show so far this season.

3. lauren says:

Really? Really? Reallllly?! Omg. :D This is so good to hear! I thought this would be a Gio-less season more or less…so good to hear!

4. Sylvia says:

OMG! really?! This is great! More please, Cynthia! Can you tell us anything else about Gio’s return?

5. Marci says:

I am really happy to hear that Freddy Rodriguez will still be playing a large part in Ugly Betty. His interactions with Betty quickly became my favorite part of the show last year and I was very sad when I thought he might not be back. You’ve really made my day!

6. Beatrice B says:

I am extremely happy!!! I love the show but knowing the fact that talented Freddy Rodriguez will show up in more episodes in season 3 will make me want to watch this show more. I adore how he portrayed Gio. I was afraid he will only show up in one episode. This is wonderful news!!!

7. Sal says:

“He indicates that there’s much more in store this season for Betty and her love interest Gio, played by Freddy Rodriguez.”
    As much as I wish that was true…wasn’t Sivio Horta referring to the chemistry between Gio and Betty during Season 2 of Ugly Betty??!