‘Twilight’: ‘Being a part of something this popular has truly been a gift’

Saturday update: Good news “Twilight” fans – this morning Summit Entertainment announced it is moving forward on production of the next film in the franchise, “New Moon,” based on the second novel in Stephenie Meyer’s series.

Posted by Kathy Lyford

Rachelle_1_2
“Twilight’s” Rachelle Lefevre, who plays menacing vampire Victoria, has had a crazy week. And she still took time out to answer your questions. We all owe her a big thank you!

Over the last few years, I’ve watched Rachelle’s career take off. She’s been on lots of auditions, booked several jobs and has had a few disappointments. Through it all she’s remained positive, focused and determined.

About a year ago, when she told me she’d gotten a job working on a vampire movie based on Stephenie Meyer’s series of books, I had a feeling it was going to be something very big for her. So it was a real treat for me to be there at the premiere of “Twilight” on Monday night and watch her enjoy all the hype and adulation surrounding the film. The pictures here are from the red carpet.

I hope all you fans enjoy the Q&A and that you loved the movie! Some of you may still be standing in line at your local theater to get a chance to see it.

We’ll start with a TV question, since that’s what this blog is all about…

Q. You are truly one of my favorite people to see on the TV screen and always love when your name appears as a guest star for a given episode. Now that you are involved with such a big film, will you be concentrating more on movies or can we still look forward to seeing you on TV? And if you were to get a part in a series, would you prefer a comedy or drama? – Keith
A. Thank you so much for all your support! My first love really is film. I love the idea of giving my all and really exploring something for a few months and then trying something else. That being said I have been building a career in TV for a while now and I’m so grateful for all the opportunities I have been given. I love doing arcs on shows because you get a chance to work with so many different actors and I’ve learned so much. I love TV and I will absolutely continue to look for interesting roles to play on the small screen. If I was lucky enough to be a series regular on a show I would prefer a drama, although I do love dramedy like “Grey’s Anatomy.”

1. I am reading more and more of your blog, and it is amazing! So many interesting information! Thanks a lot!

2. I like how you play Victoria, and how to in real life hope

3. renlewei says:

This is a wonderful site! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now! Thank you!

4. Great Site, your plugins are very useful and save me a tonne of time.hhtrfyht

5. what is it like working on the sequel to twilight?

6. mette says:

I just love how you play Victoria.
    my name is Mette end im 12 years old. I live in norway. I wont to be in the movie end i hope you help me to do.
    please write me back. -Mette

7. mette says:

i wont to play in the movie(New moon),
    i am 12 years old end my name is Mette.
    I love how you play victoria.
    But one thing i know, you don’t know how mutch i love twilight. please write me back. -mette

8. Alessa says:

I have heard that there are auditions out for extras. I was woundering if they still count for fans that have little experience. My friend and I love Twilight and really want to meet some poeple. We both love to act. She wanted me to find out. Thank you for listening.

9. Katie says:

I think that you did Victoria justice, and gave her much more life in Twilight. From how I see it, Victoria is a classical villain with a great twist in Eclipse. While reading Eclipse, I did not figure out it was Victoria until the middle of the book. You are the perfect actress for Victoria and I couldn’t have asked for a better person to play her. Good luck on the future Twilight Sequels!

10. holli says:

did you take part in any plays or drama’s while you were in high school? If so, what were they? If not, do you wish you had? How Did you get your acting career started?

11. Ileana says:

hey, I love how you play victoria and how you are in real life hope that some how i can get into new moon and be able to talk to u

12. Laura says:

my other mail missrock183@ymail.com
    thx rachelle
    Laura

13. Laura says:

Hey Rachelle my name and Laura frankly I like too much twilight one my said that books to date twenty years is true it onmon ages lol I cross you my adress msn but I am going to make a yahou to speak with you because I have beaucoups of questions =D I am a singer
    Laura of france

14. Jenny says:

I loved your view on how to act Victoria , because she is a tough nut to crack to get into character, I am a starting actress and even the most simplest roles for me can be hard. Thankyou so much for being Victoria, I am looking foward to see the movie many more times.

15. alexandra says:

i sent in my information to audition to be jane in new moon.
    i most likely wont make it.
    although i want to know what auditioning is ike?

16. gabby says:

Did everyone in the first movie have to read the book in order to get into character? And If you were on the good side would you be with .Edward.Jasper.or EMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!????

17. Nikole says:

How did u find out where to audition?