Paley fest under way; tickets still available

Season Pass and the Paley Center for Media still have tickets available for the Paley Fest ’08, which started Friday and runs through March 27 at the Cinerama Dome.

All the events, which begin at 7 p.m., include a screening followed by a Q&A with the shows’ cast and creatives.

Hit the comment button and tell us which event you prefer and why you really, really want to go. We will notify you by email if you win. And there are no “Buffy” reunion tickets available, no matter how nicely you ask.

100207_nitke_133_3Friday, March 21: Dancing with the Stars (4 pairs left)
(Guests confirmed: co-hosts Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris; judges Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli, pro dancers Cheryl Burke, Tony Dovolani, Derek Hough, Julianne Hough and Edyta Sliwinska; and exec producer Conrad Green)

Monday, March 24: Damages (2 pairs left, pictured above)

Tuesday, March 25: “Dirty Sexy Money” (2 pairs left, pictured below)

17_3 Also, for the first time in the 25-year history of the annual television festival, fans can submit questions to askpaleyfest@paleycenter.org by March 10 at 5 p.m. PST. Some questions will be selected for use in the evening’s discussion.

— Kathy Lyford

Note: There are no tickets left for “X-Files,” “Friday Night Lights,” “Chuck” or “Mad Men” and the “Tracey Ullman’s State of the Union” event has been cancelled.

1. Thank you, great stuff as usual.

2. Great Site, your plugins are very useful and save me a tonne of time.jtdgyt

3. JL says:

I’d really like to go to the Buffy The Vampire Slayer reunion. I loved watching that show and Angel when they were on. The cast was so talented along with the writers and Joss Whedon. It’d be great to see them together again.

4. Angela says:

I LOVE ‘Dirty, Sexy, Money’. It’s such a character-driven dramedy and the actors who portray these characters are at the top of their game. I would love the opportunity to hear the cast and creators talk about the driving forces behind this highly-entertaining show.

5. CW says:

Would love to go to the CHUCK event…who doesnt love Josh Schwartz, Zachary Levi and spt action/comedy?

6. I would like to surprise my wife with tickets to this event. She is a huge fan of the show! She loved Pride and Prejudice and would jump at the chance to meet Donald Sutherland.

7. Ken Droz says:

I would love to attend the DAMAGES event, because in this post-Sopranos era, it is truly a feat to take the one-hour drama format even a step or two further still. Intricately woven storylines with multi-layered characters that STILL haven’t been seen before, and keep the viewer riveted, definitely has my utmost admiration. I would just like, and greatly appreciate a chance to get a closer look at just how those folks do it.
    Many thanks for the opportunity.

8. Jeffrey says:

I would love to go to the Damages event. This show was a great suspense ride from start to finish, with the best esemble I have seen in years. Every performance had so many layors that I never knew who to root for. No other show this past year had me guessing the twists and turns as much as Damages. The main reason I want to go to the event however, is that I can’t wait to find out what happens next!

9. D says:

I’d really like to go to the Dirty Sexy Money panel because the show is so surprisingly fresh, fun, and funny. I didn’t expect to like it, but it’s great!

10. Webster says:

“Damages” was the bright spot for me of the summer TV schedule in 2007. Glenn Close was (no surprise) fantastic, but to me Ted Danson continued to burnish his resume with another amazing performance. Between the underrated “Hep Me Help You,” another great season of “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” and “Damages,” it was a banner season for Danson.

11. Arne Starr says:

Would love to see the Mad Men Show for the simple reason that if I can’t be up there, I’d be glad to sit in the audience instead. I’m the recurring Artist(a typecast role as I’m really a longtime illustrator that once upon a time WAS an art director in NY), walking through the office, and in episode 5G, you can see me working in the conference room with all the principles,and when Jon gets up to meet his brother up at the entrance I’m magically there outside the front door having a smoke…again…and afterwards I’m still in the conference room. Ah the wonders of filmmaking…

12. norman says:

Are you kidding? the king… a guitar and a nice leather suit. Who wouldn’t want to go… Especially at the Arclight, the best place in LA to see a movie… :)

13. si says:

Do you have any Buffy Reunion tickets? I would to go to that one. I grew up with that show, because I loved the idea of a high school girl kicking major demon butt. I didn’t really process the allegory and symbolism behind the drama at the time but I somehow connected with the idea of this girl growing up different but trying so desperately to fit in, knowing that if she gave up it would literally be the end of the world. I catch a whole bunch more stuff when I watch old DVDs, and I appreciate the show so much more. To see Joss Whedon and the cast speak about the having been removed from it for five years would be a true delight.

14. Zach says:

I’d love to go to the Chuck or Mad Men event… I’m a baby writer in LA but don’t have enough stroke to get tickets from my reps… Josh Schwartz is one of the guys I look up to for the model of the young writer/creator and Matt Weiner is just a flat out genius. I’d argue that the more exposure to guys like them I can get, the better my future projects will be, which can only help the future TV landscape. :)

15. Stanley says:

I would love to meet Josh Schwartz. The O.C. changed my life!

16. Kristen says:

I would love to go see Chuck. It’s become one of my favorite shows since it premiered… and not to mention my younger sister loves it too, and I love getting to be amazing older sister with magical Paley tickets in my hand (even though we’re both adults now). I love Josh Schwarz and I love this show in general.
    Thanks so much for doing this!

17. Kristen says:

Thanks so much for doing this!

18. Rob Baker says:

And I see Kati loves Friday Night Lights and is just asking for one ticket — I’d share the pair with her! Otherwise — I’d also enjoy the Dancing with the Stars event, too. Carrie Ann is wonderful (okay, so is Tom Bergeron) — and it’s a bright, happy show which I enjoy.

19. Rob Baker says:

Friday Night Lights. I’ve had the pleasure of personally interacting with Kyle Chandler through the course of my work with a charity for blindness — we received support from virtually the entire crew of “Early Edition” at the time. This is a fine show and thankfully, something which also provides a wonderful vehicle and spotlight to this great, very likeable and personable actor.

20. Kati says:

Not to be greedy, but I dig me some Chuck and Mad Men, too. If no one wants them (and really, what’s wrong with people?), I’d be more than willing to go celebrate either of these excellent series.

21. Kati says:

From the first episode of Friday Night Lights, I’ve been there cheering from the 30 yard line. I’ve spread the word that the Panthers were something that had to be seen to be believed. Not just a fan when the boys from Dillon were winning, I stayed true through the rough times, through murder, through betrayal, through Julie’s hissy fits. No cast has been more good to network television in the last two years, and I would be sorry to miss up the chance to see them together one last time. Clear eyes, full hearts, one ticket. Please.

22. Tiffany says:

Hello,
    I am writing because it would absolutely thrill me beyond belief to see The X-Files event. I have been a fan of the show ever since I was 14 years old, and I it’s hard to express what the show and it’s characters mean to me, but I will try. Growing up, my adolescence was extremely rough, and I lived in a very dysfunctional family with abuse and violence. I honestly was so depressed and in such a dark place, and when I discovered The X-Files, it gave me a light in that darkness. I would look forward to the show SO MUCH every week, and watching Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny as Mulder and Scully gave me happiness when nothing else seemed to. When things were really bad at home, I would watch it and get lost in that world– it helped me forget the harsh reality of my own world at the time.
    The X-Files has been a big part of my life for 11 years, and it helped save me when I was young and lost and didn’t have anyone else to turn to. I would love to have the chance one day to tell the people who are behind TXF what it means to me, and it would mean more than I can say to be at this event. Thank you for listening. :)
    Sincerely yours,
    Tiffany Robinson

23. JASON says:

It would be great to go see the Chuck event. I was a huge fan of Josh Schwartz’s work on The O.C. and loved Adam Baldwin in Firefly

24. Robbie says:

I’d be super-excited to go to the X-Files panel. I loved that show and can’t wait for the second movie, so an early preview would be fantastic!

25. Brady says:

I’d sure like those X-Files tickets. This show was so good that watching it totally legitimated every dateless Friday night of my high school career.

26. Scott says:

I would love to go to the Friday Night Lights event. It’s the best show all week!!

27. jd says:

I would love to attend The X-Files event. Probably my favorite television show ever!
    I actually was an extra on this show once in Vancouver. I played a vegetarian cult member and they had us wearing these white robes and red turbans! I got a still photo of it and sent it out as a christmas card one year. It would be such a pleasure to be able to revisit the show with the creators!

28. Mary says:

I adore Mad Men, and would love to attend the panel. They do a great job capturing the period, best dialogue anywhere, and I seriously covet Christina Hendricks’s wardrobe.

29. NK says:

I would LOVE to go to the Elvis ’68 Comeback Special. Elvis is the BEST! I saw the special on TV Land a few months ago, and it was so great to see the King in action.

30. Edward Choi says:

I would love to also attend the Friday Night Lights event. It’s my favorite TV show!!!

31. Peter says:

I would love to attend the “Friday Night Lights” event. I’m the biggest fan of that show and stand among many in thinking it could very well be the finest show on TV anywhere. The thought of it going off it being cancelled is horrifying. Here’s to supporting the Dillon Panthers while we still can!