“Lost”: The isle of mystery returns Jan. 21

Lost5 The island is calling again…“Lost” returns to ABC on Wednesday, Jan. 21.

The fifth season of the fantasy-mystery skein will air Wednesdays at 9 p.m., after airing on Thursdays last season. The current occupant of the Wednesday 9 p.m. berth, ABC’s sophomore season drama “Private Practice,” will be relocated after “Lost” returns, ABC said Friday.

It’s expected that ABC will make more skedding changes on Wednesday in the near future, given the weak perf of 8 p.m.’s “Pushing Daisies” and 10 p.m.’s “Dirty Sexy Money” this fall. “Private Practice,” on the other hand, has been given a full-season order.

“Lost” will bow Jan. 21 with its usual season preem drill: two back to back segs from 9-11 p.m., preceded at 8 p.m. by a clip recap show.

(Sorry, as a reader points out, “Lost” has not previously bowed with back-to-back segs. The screeners ABC sent out at the start of season 4 and the bifurcated season 3 included at least two episodes, so that’s the source of my late-on-a-Friday-afternoon confusion.)

1. galgic says:

Sucks! Lost S04 ended baddly … mistery turned to big pile of rushed story.
    Will Lost S05 recover? I hope so … now the “island moved” … lol

2. Frankenstein says:

Whoo!
    It’s been such a difficult wait. This is all I live for anymore.
    LOST fans unite!

3. chantel says:

Well you all get to watch it on TV, I have to wait for it to come out on DVD. But I am glad to hear there is more. Oooooooooooooooooooooooh Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I watch season 1-2 in two weekends end of last year and only got to watch season 3 beginning of this year and watched season 4 this past weekend. Wicked stuff. Just a pity I won’t get to see it sooner.

4. suzie says:

thank you, thank you, thank you! Life is so dull without Lost!
    Who will be the bad guy on the island now that Ben left? Anybody got any ideas? Is the dog still on the island?
    From the preview it looks like Daniel makes it back on.
    Is Jin really dead? Is Jack still a drunk? Will Ben send Sayid to kill Penny? I CAN’T WAIT TO FIND OUT!

5. Lisa says:

So looking forwrd to this.
    I have been watching full episodes over and over on ABC.com
    Whenever I have 4 days in a row to “veg” i watch all four seasons. I have done this already 3 times. Can you say Addicted… I need a life… but bow I have a new season to look forward to!!!!
    YEAH!!!!!

6. Hexonxonx says:

Usual season premiere drill? This is the first time Lost’s season has begun with back to back new episodes. Moreover, seasons 2 and 4 had a clip show immediately before the premiere, while season 3’s first clip show was a week beforehand. To refer to this as the “usual drill” is quite a stretch.
    Shoddy reporting aside, huzzah!

7. Jeffery says:

Is this where we order pie?

8. CHARA says:

FINALLY!!!!! Counting the days…!!!

9. Scott II says:

Whoo Hoo!! Mark the calendar, schedule the vacation day, call your other Lostie friends!!!
    (i’m a closet Bitch and I could be your Bitch if you ask nicely)

10. Travis says:

WOOOOOOOOOOOO yes cant wait
    and you are a bitch Scott lol.
    Also yes it is back be yatches.

11. Nick says:

*explodes with excitement*
    Ooh, and it looks like Sawyer and Juliet will have more time together this season…they never talk but when they do it is great.

12. The highest emotion.
    In a winding
    road you can
    find the light
    of a barrier, and
    always, when
    you try to
    forget her, a
    lovely emotion
    discovers in sips
    a delicate candle.
    Francesco Sinibaldi

13. A TOTAL LOST FREAK! says:

OMFG. I think I’m going to burst with excitement! FINALLY, only 2 more months to go!!

14. Scott says:

Im not a bitch

15. Colleen Andrews says:

Woo Hoo, LOST is back bitches!!!