Rentrak Corp. hired Kristie Fortner as VP of Syndication and Gordon Jones as director of Business Development of Rentrak’s Essentials suite of business intelligence products. Fortner is responsible for leveraging Rentrak’s breadth and depth of media usage data across multiple platforms through published reports that provide additional insight for Rentrak clients and other parties interested in overall industry trends. Jones’ role is to drive future business growth for Rentrak through his industry experience in video on demand (VOD), broadband and linear platforms.
* * *Clay Owen Bradley joined BMI as assistant VP of writer/publisher relations in Nashville. Bradley most recently was senior director of A&R for Sony BMG/Nashville, where he worked for the past five years. The new position at BMI will be a homecoming for Bradley, who began his career at BMI in 1991 immediately after college. Past work experience includes three years at Acuff Rose Music Publishing and two years as Vice President of A&R for MCA/Nashville.
* * *Gracelyn Brown joins MGM HD as VP of programming. In her new role, Brown takes on all programming duties and scheduling. Brown will also be responsible for the programming of MGM-HD’s video-on-demand service, MGM HD VOD. Most recently, Brown served as Director of Programming for KTLA, a position she held from 1999 to 2007. At KTLA, Brown was charged with re-tooling the station’s schedule and managing programming initiatives. She also created several television specials for the station, including “The 2008 Tournament of Roses Parade,” “Live from the Academy Awards,” and “The Hollywood Christmas Parade.” She is based in Los Angeles.
* * *Bernard Nguyen-Sovan joins MGM HD as Manager of Programming. In his new role, he will assist in the creation of special events, stunts and themed specials for MGM HD. Nguyen-Sovan comes to MGM HD from WCSN (World Champion Sports Network) in Los Angeles, where he served as Traffic Manager. He is based in Los Angeles.
* * *Doug Chalfant joins MGM HD as Executive Creative Director. In his new role, Chalfant will be responsible for building the MGM HD brand on-air. In addition to devising and executing the network’s on-air promotions strategy, Chalfant will oversee the creation of integrated marketing campaigns for MGM HD’s advertising partners. Chalfant comes to MGM from Reelz Channel in Los Angeles, where he served as Director of Creative Marketing Solutions. Prior to this, Chalfant was Director of Creative Marketing Solutions at E! Entertainment. Chalfant has worked as an on-air promotion writer and producer for a number of prominent channels including: SOAPnet, Fox Kids, Lifetime, The Disney Channel, FX Networks, Fine Living and The Food Network. He is based in Los Angeles.
* * *Mark Zelenz joins MGM HD as Executive Director, Affiliate Sales. In his new role, Zelenz oversees the distribution of MGM HD to cable, satellite and Telco affiliates on the East Coast. Zelenz comes to MGM HD from his consulting company Elephant in the Room.TV, where he represented clients such as The Horror Channel, Elite Entertainment and Renegade Productions. At his consulting firm, Zelenz spearheaded new media agreements for clients on Blinkx, Joost, Akimbo and most recently the HD site Azureus. From 2005-2007, Zelenz was Executive Director, Affiliate Sales and Marketing for the Si TV Network in New York. Zelenz is also the former Vice President of Media Distribution for Bloomberg Television, a position he held from 1999-2005 in New York. He is based in New York.
* * *Nicole Mulholland joins MGM HD as Account Executive, Advertiser Sales. Mulholland comes to MGM HD from Yahoo in New York, where she served as Account Manager, Advertising Sales. Mulholland is based in New York. “Now that we have gained tremendous traction in carriage deals, it’s a pleasure to have a group of well-rounded executives in all areas of channel operation join our experienced MGM HD team,” Lee said. “With one of the fastest growing high definition networks in the marketplace today, it’s critical for us to have great support and with the additions of Gracelyn, Bernard, Doug, Mark and Nicole to our group, we are in a great position to move this business enterprise to the next level.” Simon Graty, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Digital Media, MGM, oversees all operations for MGM HD and will supervise the day-to-day expansion of the channel’s activities.