Week of April 13, 2008
Starz Entertainment has upped Debbie Alther to VP of program and promotion planning and scheduling.
* * *BOOM! Studios has appointed Wendy Wallace general manager.
* * *Cathie Levine has been promoted to VP of communications for ABC News.
* * *Casey Patterson has been named senior VP, event production and talent development, Spike TV and TV Land.
* * *Sony/ATV Music Publishing has established a global marketing initiative, tapping Rob Kaplan as senior VP, global marketing.
* * *Judy Kenny is now executive VP, sales, of MyNetworkTV.
* * *Telemundo Communications Group has named Jacqueline Hernandez as chief operating officer.
* * *Senior account executives Libby Henry and Alexandra Greenberg have been appointed VP of the Mitch Schneider Organization.
* * *The Agency Group New York is has lifted Dave Kaplan and Tim Borror to VP. They continue to oversee the live touring careers of their artist rosters.
* * *Dianne Smith has been named VP, legal/FCC compliance, for Fox Television Stations.
* * *Vickie Burns has been named VP of news and content for WNBC.
* * *Bow Tie Cinemas has appointed veteran film executive Spencer Klein as its chief film officer.
* * *Bravo Media has appointed Lisa Hsia to the newly-created position of senior VP, new media and digital strategy, Bravo.
* * *The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation has named three to its board of directors: Sal Maniaci, senior VP, development and original programming, TV Land; Michael Lombardo, president, programming group and West Coast operations, HBO; and Dick Askin, president and CEO of Dick Askin Prods.
* * *Stacy Isenhower has been named senior VP, programming and scheduling, for Cartoon Network.
* * *MTV Networks and BET Networks, units of Viacom have upped Melody Tan to senior VP, strategy and business operations, content distribution and marketing.
* * *Greg Bennett has been chosen senior VP, branded integration and online, at CBS Television Distribution.
* * *Digital creative agency Firstborn has appointed Alec Cove director of technology.
* * *Nickelodeon/MTVN Kids and Family Group has tapped Gary Bonilla to the new position of senior VP of creative strategy for Nickelodeon/MTVN Kids and Family Group.
* * *Mai Kim Flournoy will join the Oxygen Network as VP, strategic multiplatform program planning, beginning April 21.
* * *Robb Klein has come to the office of Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton as special counsel in the firm’s entertainment and media practice group.
* * *Crown Media Holdings, owner and operator of Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel, has elected to its board of directors: Bill Cella, chairman and CEO of the Cella Group; Dwight Arn, associate general Counsel of Hallmark Cards; and Brad Moore, president of Hallmark Hall of Fame Prods. and Hallmark Publishing.
* * *TNS media has tapped Scott Ernst as president of Compete, a digital intelligence company acquired last month.
* * *Starz Entertainment has tapped Neal Massey executive director of marketing, sales and corporate research.
* * *Integrated Media Technologies has appointed Rob Kobrin chief technology officer.
* * *Sheri Goldberg and Sheri Helmers have been elevated to director, network program publicity, for Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel.
* * *At Time Warner Cable, Barry Rosenblum has been named executive VP for the Texas Region; Stephen Pagano , executive VP of the West Region; Howard Szarfarc, executive VP of the New York City Region.
* * *At Giant Realm, Daniel Clark, has been lifted to VP sales, western region, and Nadia Hasan, to senior account executive, Eastern Region.
Jim Thorp has been hired as account director, eastern region; Rebecca Sanders joins as senior account executive, western region; and Pauline DeRosier will be marketing director. Bina Amin will be associate account executive, eastern region.