Studio signs deal with actress' Vandalia Films
producer. The pair have a development slate that includes the following:
- A remake of the Japanese supernatural drama “Be With You.” Allan Loeb is penning the script, which centers on a woman who, after dying, returns for a brief second chance to figure out her purpose. Vandalia will produce alongside Jinks/Cohen.
- “Arranged,” which was written by Loeb and is being revised by “Grey’s Anatomy” scribe Krista Vernoff. Story chronicles a modern-day arranged marriage of an unlikely couple whose fathers are friends from the old country. Gary Winick will direct, and Mark Gordon Co. and Scarlet Fire Films will also produce.
- “Devil in the Junior League,” an adaptation of Linda Francis Lee’s novel written by Kate Kondell, which tells the story of a stuffy, Southern socialite whose husband disappears with another woman and the wife’s fortune. Film will be produced in association with Scott Stuber and Laura Hopper.
- “Sabbatical,” which revolves around a couple in their seventh year of marriage who decide to take a two-week sabbatical from each other to inject some life back into their union. John Brownlow penned the script. Idealogy’s Sean Bailey is producing alongside Charles Weinstock.
- “The Garden of Last Days,” which is based on a forthcoming book by Andrew Dubus III (“House of Sand and Fog”). Intellectual Property Group controls the book, which Vandalia will produce with an eye toward Garner starring. No writer has been set.
- “3 Days in Europe,” a romantic adventure following a couple as they face danger and excitement on what was supposed to be the perfect Valentine’s Day vacation. Vandalia Films has partnered with Hugh Jackman and John Palermo of Seed Prods. to bring the graphic novel by Anthony Johnston and Mike Hawthorne to the bigscreen. Eric Gitter and Peter Schwerin are producing for Oni Press through their Closed on Mondays Entertainment banner, and Jackman and Garner are attached to star.