Five writers up for new writing award
The WGA has announced nominations for five videogames in its inaugural vidgame writing awards — even though it won’t have a Los Angeles awards show due to the strike.Winner will be announced Feb. 9. The guild announced last week that it had called off its Feb. 9 show in Los Angeles unless the strike is settled by then, which is fairly unlikely. The WGA East hasn’t yet pulled the plug on its Feb. 9 show at the Broadway Millennium. Nominees include:
- “Crash of the Titans,” written by Christopher Mitchell for Sierra Entertainment
- “Dead Head Fred,” written by Dave Ellis and Adam Cogan for D3 Publisher
- “The Simpsons Game,” with lead writer Matt Selman, written by Tim Long and Matt Warburton, dialogue by Jeff Poliquin for Electronic Arts
- “The Witcher,” with lead story designer Artur Ganszyniec, dialogue by Sebastian Stepien, additional dialogue by Marcin Blacha and writers Sande Chen and Anne Toole for Atari
- “World in Conflict,” story design by Christofer Emgard, story consultant Larry Bond and script consultant Ed Zuckerman for Sierra Entertainment.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more