Five writers up for new writing award
The WGA has announced nominations for five videogames in its inaugural vidgame writing awards — even though it won’t have a Los Angeles awards show due to the strike.Winner will be announced Feb. 9. The guild announced last week that it had called off its Feb. 9 show in Los Angeles unless the strike is settled by then, which is fairly unlikely. The WGA East hasn’t yet pulled the plug on its Feb. 9 show at the Broadway Millennium. Nominees include:
- “Crash of the Titans,” written by Christopher Mitchell for Sierra Entertainment
- “Dead Head Fred,” written by Dave Ellis and Adam Cogan for D3 Publisher
- “The Simpsons Game,” with lead writer Matt Selman, written by Tim Long and Matt Warburton, dialogue by Jeff Poliquin for Electronic Arts
- “The Witcher,” with lead story designer Artur Ganszyniec, dialogue by Sebastian Stepien, additional dialogue by Marcin Blacha and writers Sande Chen and Anne Toole for Atari
- “World in Conflict,” story design by Christofer Emgard, story consultant Larry Bond and script consultant Ed Zuckerman for Sierra Entertainment.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!