Fox 2000 has added Alan Arkin to the cast of “Marley & Me” and has set a spring start date. Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston star in the adaptation of the John Grogan bestseller, which David Frankel is directing. Wilson plays a Philadelphia newspaper columnist who decides with his wife to adopt a dog to give them a taste of parenthood. The incorrigible Labrador retriever is a hyperactive handful, turning their lives upside down. Arkin will play the editor of the newspaper.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California