Charlize Theron has signed on to join Viggo Mortensen in the bigscreen adaptation of Cormac McCarthy’s bestselling novel “The Road” for 2929 Entertainment.The story centers on a man who embarks on a nightmarish road trip after a nuclear explosion in an attempt to transport his son to safety while fending off cannibals. Aussie director John Hillcoat (“The Proposition”) is directing from a screenplay by Joe Penhall.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California