You know how John McCain aide Martin Eisenstadt claimed that Sarah Palin didn’t know Africa was continent? Maybe Palin didn’t know (I’ll bet she does now!), but that McCain leak never happened because Martin Eisenstadt doesn’t exist. He’s actually Eitan Gorlin who, with Dan Mirvish, crafted an elaborate hoax designed to lampoon the gluttonous 24-hour news cycle. That, and help the filmmakers pitch a TV show. (Frankly, if it weren’t for the fact that I’ve known Dan since he co-founded Slamdance in 1995, I’d still doubt the veracity; "Eitan Gorlin" looks like a family name that comes from a long line of anagrammers.) Richard Perez-Pena has the story, "A Senior Fellow at the Institute of Nonexistence;" I’ll have an interview with Mirvish later today. (Posted by Dana Harris) [NYT]
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California