The National Republican Senatorial Committee released this spot featuring John Ratzenberger, Pat Boone, Stephen Baldwin, Robert Davi, Victoria Jackson and Pat Boone. It’s not exactly the A-list, but it strikes me at least that it is a tactic acknowledgement that past efforts to attack Democratic candidates merely for their ties to Hollywood are not working like they used to. In fact, this spot defends Hollywood. "Please Minnesota, don’t judge us all by Al Franken," says Ratzenberger. "We’re not all tantrum throwing divas," says Baldwin. Of course, this spot does imply that Franken’s fame is at the same level as Jackson, also an "SNL" alum, albeit long ago. (Via Wonkette)
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida
- MRC, Beverly Hills, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California