The National Republican Senatorial Committee released this spot featuring John Ratzenberger, Pat Boone, Stephen Baldwin, Robert Davi, Victoria Jackson and Pat Boone. It’s not exactly the A-list, but it strikes me at least that it is a tactic acknowledgement that past efforts to attack Democratic candidates merely for their ties to Hollywood are not working like they used to. In fact, this spot defends Hollywood. "Please Minnesota, don’t judge us all by Al Franken," says Ratzenberger. "We’re not all tantrum throwing divas," says Baldwin. Of course, this spot does imply that Franken’s fame is at the same level as Jackson, also an "SNL" alum, albeit long ago. (Via Wonkette)
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California