I think there might’ve been more people at LAX to greet the Beckhams last week than those who turned out on Monday night for the NBC spesh "Victoria Beckham: Coming to America." The hourlong 8 p.m. infomercial for Posh and Becks Do America averaged 4.9 million viewers and 2.2 rating/7 share in adults 18-49 demo, per prelim Nielsens and Variety’s star ratings reporter Rick Kissell. Not exactly a gooooaaaaal for NBC but heck, it’s summer (and it does validate Peacock’s decision to downsize the show from multiple segs to a special). You’d expect there to be more hoopla in L.A. for the new import and yawns around the rest of the country. And let’s face it folks: The Spice Girls were never the Beatles, or even Gerry and the Pacemakers. With all due respect to Simon Fuller, they were a pre-fab pop confection that hit for a minute during a low point for the music biz.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania