"Mad Men" ended its first season with a tour de force episode offering numerous highlights, but the pinnacle might have been the consecutive scenes in which Don Draper (Jon Hamm) and his wife Betty (January Jones) each confronted truths that they had been denying. What follows is a transcript of their two monologues — no doubt the two best-written speeches (or scenes, for that matter) that we’ll see on TV for the rest of the year.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts
- Amnesty International, London, City of London