Tribute Golf Club

KidnationgroupCBS’ upcoming reality show “Kid Nation” has generated a fair amount of pre-season buzz because of its provocative conceit of sending 40 kids to a remote spot in Bonanza, N.M. to fend for themselves, “Lord of the Flies” style. (Click here for a promo clip.) The show’s sesh during last month’s Television Critics Assn. press tour caused quite a hubbub among TV scribes, who questioned the propriety of the whole concept, among other things. (Variety’s Brian Lowry was among the first to opine on the matter in this column from May. And Variety’s Joe Adalian was the first to break the news of the show to the world a few weeks earlier just before CBS unveiled it at its upfront.)

CBS isn’t backing away from any of the drama, billing the show as “40 Kids, 40 Days, No Parents.” Ostensible goal is for the tykes and teens (aged 8-15) to “form a new society in a ghost town that died in the 19th century.” And generate ratings to help kick off CBS’ fall slate. According to Eye’s press materials, there’ll be no eliminations on this show, only a Town Hall meeting at the end of each seg in which kids can say bye-bye and head home if they want to.

CBS is promising that the reality moppets will create their “government” with four kid leaders selected from the group, and the whole bunch of them will tough it out frontier-style (with only camera crews to keep them company), cooking their own meals, scrubbing their own outhouses and running their own establishments including the town saloon. Soft drinks only, natch. The end game is for the kids to decide who gets the $20,000 Gold Star. I guess the lure for adult viewers will be to pick which kids are going to have a major case of homesickness, and how quickly the situation devolves into food fights and temper tantrums.

1. A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life. A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. Any idiot can face a crisis – it’s day to day living that wears you out. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.

2. Logan Williams says:

Please Please Let me be on season 2 or three i am very athletic friendly and i’m up for the challenge!!!!I live in dallas. Please reply back

3. Amy Lawson says:

Hi there. My name is Amy and I am 10 years old and live in Perth, Australia and would really like to be on Kid Nation because I think it is a great show and it looks really fun and exciting so please send me the sign up sheet. Thanks.

4. Zanzii Bowers says:

Hey Hey
    im Zanzii Bowers
    i have just finished watching the season finale of Kid Nation
    it was my favourite show
    Im in Australia ATM but I am interested in applying for season 2
    if anybody has an aplication form please send it too
    zassychic_rulz@hotmail.com

5. sheryl says:

and i believe that this show can change my life and the others,..,my name is sheryl Barilea im 13 yrs old im from the philippines.,.,,., my e-mail is zimz_12@yahoo.com.,.,.,i wish that., the kid nation.,can give chance to others.,.,.,

6. sheryl says:

and,.ill be a good leader and a good inspiration for the other kids .,.,and i will make the kid nation the best.,that i can.,i have no fear of fighting. and cleaning ,i try and try.,until i succeed,i will never give up and i can prove it. i love too join,.,.if i can i love too,..,.,.,,..,.,.,.,.,.,!!!! my e-mail is zimz_12@yahoo.com.,.,

7. sheryl says:

hi,im sheryl.,im 13 yrs old im.,going 14 this feb i love kid nation ,.i watch it all over and over again.in youtube,and in velvet ,because it’s fun it’s a great experience and i love sophia she is a good leader she work well and hunter.he is so cute i like to join,.if i can .,i love to im from philippines.,

8. Eddie Shimkus says:

Hi,
    my name is eddie shimkus im 12 and i really love the show kid nation.
    I think that I would be good for the town because i am a great leader, I have no fear of getting dirty, I work hard,and having me in the town would be a great asset.
    if you have a form, PLEASE SEND ONE TO ME!!
    my email address is steelerjeroben@msn.com

9. hunter says:

i would love to be on this show my parents and friends always say i am a leader and can follow when needed to i love a challenge and ect i want to be on kid nation

10. Shyian Dowell says:

Hiee
    my name is shyian and i reallllly would like to be on kid nation soo pleeeasee send me the sign up sheet. it seems like alot of fun to be on that show and it could really help my family if i won one of the gold star thingiess haha well anywase PLEASE
    try and send me the sign up sheet
    Shyian Dowell <333

11. Ryne Gammon says:

I was wondering how to get into the next kid nation if anyone could help me please email me at bowlingchamp1025@hotmail.com

12. Gabrielle says:

Hi, my name is Gabrielle my friends call me Gabby.I’m 13 years old and I would really love to go on Kid Nation and I would be very happy if you sent me a form so I could go on the show.

13. Kelsea says:

Hi, my name is Kelsea, im 12 years old, and I live in New York. I love the show Kid Nation, and would really love to be on the next season. Please send me a sign up sheet to be on Kid Nation next season. It would be awesome! Thank you so much! Kid Nation is awesome!

14. Kelsea says:

I would love to be on the next season of Kid Nation. I would find it very helpful if you could send me a sign up sheet. Thank you so much! Kid Nations rocks!

15. Emily says:

I am 11 years old and I realy want to be a pioneer on Kid Nation. I’ve looked everywhere online but I just can’t find out how I enter my name for next season. someone please help me. My email is thorn_BERRY4@yahoo.com.