What a difference a year makes. This time last year, Katie Couric was charming the crowds at TCA, preparing for her history-making entry into the "Evening News" scene. CBS brass surely would’ve never predicted they’d be in such damage control mode, but Katie’s candid interview with New York magazine continues to reverberate around media circles. So much so that the AP today moves a "nothing’s happening, really" story quoting CBS News and Sports prexy Sean McManus trying to counter the rumors to the contrary and asserting that the Eye expects to still have Katie in the anchor chair by the time the news division is plotting its coverage of the 2010 mid-term elections.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania