The series writing and directing noms are always a good bellwether of what shows or individuals are deemed best of breed by industry standards. There’s so much politicking and campaigning that goes into the race to grab top series and acting noms. Writing and directing noms are a little more above the fray, though it does seem that Emmy voters sometimes see them as consolation prizes for deserving shows that don’t crack the top series categories. To wit, “Battlestar Galactica” (pictured left) was recognized for drama writing and directing, but the show’s rabid fans will have to keep the faith until next year to see it break into the top echelon of nominees.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut