POSTED BY STUART LEVINE
For those waiting for the "Deadwood" two-hour movies, don’t hold your breath.
After the show ended amid a PR mess last year with George Hearst leaving town, HBO said it would bring the Western back to satisfy fans who felt there was little closure. But now network exec Michael Lombardo told critics at TCA Thursday that the movies were "doable but daunting."
Creator David Milch has just finished up "John From Cincinnati," which is the series that took his attention away from "Deadwood." To get "Deadwood" back up and running, Milch would have to recharge his batteries and assuming he’s interested in going back to the Black Hills, the actors would have to be rounded up again.
That’s no easy task. Many of the thesps have moved on to other shows and films. Plus, it might not be a financially wise decision to bring back the entire production.
"We’ve had no conversations with David yet," Lombardo said. "We’re still interested but it may not happen."
– Stuart Levine