Reality show unveils new contestants
Is it possible Mark Cuban, Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Wayne Newton can dance? Viewers will find out on the new season of “Dancing With the Stars,” which has assembled another eclectic field of contestants.Cuban, the billionaire Dallas Mavericks owner, welterweight boxing champ Mayweather and Las Vegas headliner Newton are among the 12 celebrities who will compete when the show returns Sept. 24, ABC announced Wednesday. The rest of the field:
- Melanie Brown, aka “Scary Spice” and Mel B.
- Sabrina Bryan of Disney Channel’s “Cheetah Girls.”
- Indianapolis 500 champion Helio Castroneves.
- Actress Jennie Garth (“Beverly Hills, 90210”).
- Model-actress Josie Maran.
- Soap star Cameron Mathison (“All My Children”).
- Singer Marie Osmond.
- Model Albert Reed.
- Actress Jane Seymour (“Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman”).