Calling all Bill Bixby fans

MartianA kind-hearted, TV-loving woman in Watertown, N.Y., is orchestrating an elaborate campaign to get some overdue recognition for one of television’s most active players in the 1960s, ’70s and ’80s.

Bill Bixby (pictured far left) was one of those actors who seemed to be everywhere on TV when I was a kid: “Courtship of Eddie’s Father” reruns, “Love, American Style” reruns, “My Favorite Martian” reruns, countless TV movies and series guest shots, and, of course, “The Incredible Hulk,” a show that was well-placed on CBS’ Friday night sked so that pre-teens could stay up for it. (I’m not too proud to admit that it scared me when I was about 8.)

Bixby died young, at age 59 in November 1993, the victim of a late diagnosis of prostate cancer. He was nominated three times for Emmy glory during his 30 years in television — once for “Courtship” and twice in 1976, for a guest shot on “The Streets of San Francisco,” and for his role in the mammoth hit mini “Rich Man, Poor Man.” But for all of his work as an actor and director (his interest in helming began during his “Martian” chronicles), Bixby never took home the gold. Renee Tufo thinks this is just plain wrong.

1. Whenever we look into the obscene memories, a sexy debaucheries, a merciless plus tortuous xecutions, a undeniable vindictiveness by using which will over fifty percent a Word of god is definitely filled up, it would extra dependable that him and i get in touch with them the idea of on the satanic force versus the tatement with The lord. This is the track record with wickedness who has provided so that you can dodgy plus brutalize humankind; plus, to get this section, I actually genuinely do not like them, when i do not like all that is definitely merciless.

2. Magic Fan says:

I’m a huge Bill Bixby fan too. Especially The Magician. Fellow fans may be interested in this site, which has a ton of web links related to The Magician, as well as DVDs, digital downloads, and commemorative playing cards: http://www.themagiciandvd.com

3. Marcia Gonçalves says:

Bill Bixby is my inspiration. He was a blessed person.
    Please! add Bill Bixby to the Emmy Hall of fame. he deserves it!
    Marcia from Rio de Janeiro

4. Mark Nisbet says:

Way to go Renee Tufo! Bill Bixby was my hero. I grew up with him and his Dr. David Banner got me through some tough and lonely times as a kid ’cause I realized I wasn’t alone. I believe that he is completely unsung as an actor. His depth and sensitivity shines through in every role, making you believe that that was his genuine personality. It also had to have taken a tremendous toll on him to lose his son and then his estranged wife Brenda Benet. I like to think that at least he might have used that in playing the tortured Banner. Anyway, you’ve got my vote! Get him in that Hall Ms. Tufo and Mr. Cruz!

5. Marcia says:

Hello!
    Please add Bill in the Emmy Hall of Fame. He deserves this more than anyone. He was and is a great actor! I would like to have had the opportunity to know Bill Bixby personaly.
    God bless everybody. thank you.

6. Marcinha says:

Hello!
    Please, Add Bill! He was and is a great actor! I would like to have had the opportunity to know Bill Bixby personaly.
    God bless everybody! thank you.

7. Marcia . From Rio de Janeiro says:

Hello!
    Words can not express what a lovely man Bill Bixby was!
    and , a great human being too. Please, invite Brandon to accept the Emmy Award…
    God Bless.
    thank you.

8. Marcia from Rio de Janeiro says:

Bill Bixby will always live on in my heart!
    wonderful actor. forever!
    God Bless

9. I would be very pleased to see Bill Bixby get this award..
    He has given countless people many years of enjoyment with his craft.. One of my favorites…
    Thanks..Renee
    Steve From Watertown,NY

10. Marcia says:

Hello!
    I would be very glad, If Bill Bixby to get the award this year yet. God knows he deserves it.
    Brazilian fan of Bill
    bye!

11. Marcia says:

Hello!
    Please! vote for Bill Bixby!!!!
    God bless!
    Brazilian fan of Bill
    Rio de janeiro -Brasil

12. Marcia says:

Hello!
    I will never forget Bill Bixby!!!!
    Brazilian fan of Bill
    Rio de Janeiro

13. Marcia says:

Hello!
    Bill Bixby was the father, I always wanted to have!
    Brazilian fan of Bill

14. Marcia Rodrigues Gonçalves says:

I would like to see Brandon Cruz accept the award for Bill Bixby.

15. Marcia R. Gonçalves says:

People let me tell you about my best friend…

16. Marcia R. Gonçalves says:

DO IT!
    Add Bill Bixby to the Emmy Hall of Fame. He deserves it!!!
    A great man with a nice smile! A great actor and person!
    I love Bill! God Bless You!
    Brazilian fan of Bill.

17. Marcia Rodrigues Gonçalves says:

Bill Bixby: Thanks for everything!!!!!
    God bless you!

18. Marcia Rodrigues Gonçalves says:

Bill Bixby is a great actor! He deserves his name added to the Hall of Fame. wonderful!!!

19. Robert H. Tufo says:

Thank you Renee, he certainly deserves the recognition you are striving for.

20. Renee Tufo says:

Yes he was. Please keep leaving comments, and keep forwarding the info on the campaign to friends and family. The more signatures the better…and the more publicity the better.
    Best wishes,
    Renee Tufo

21. David Giles says:

Yes indeed, Bill Bixby was a wonderful actor and director, but most of all a wonderful human being. I agree completely with the use of the word “inspirational” to describe this great man. He most definitely ought to be inducted into the Television Academy Hall of Fame.

22. Melody Goodman says:

Bill Bixby was one of the most inspirational men in all television history, but he was inspirational when it came to his personal tragedies and how he dealt with them also, I respect this man tremendously and he deserves his rightful place in the Emmy Hall of Fame.

23. I would love to see mr Bill Bixby Inducted into the Emmy Hall OF FAME, I cant think of anyone more deserving than this multi-talented and gracious human being.I am touched and not the least bit surprised how many people appreciated Mr. Bixby and how many of us miss him still. I guess I am lucky though I have a father who is the spitting image of Mr. Bixby and posseses the same gentile compassionate and grace that I truly cherish. I am indeed blessed as many of us were to have had the honor of watching “The Great Bill Bixby”. God rest his soul.

24. Renee Tufo says:

The episode you are recalling was “the Thirty-Fathom Grave”, and it aired originally in 1963, but can be seen OFTEN on the Sci-Fi channel. It was one of the many shows he was on, early in his career. He played parts on almost of of TVs BIG shows beginning in 1961, and he never quit bringing us EXCELLENT TV!….and yes he had been married just prior to his death to his 3rd wife, Judith Kliban.

25. Richard says:

I remberseeing him in a Twilight Zone episode from 1959. He must have died a wealthy man from all of the shows he did. any Idea? Was he married when he died?

26. The Magician says:

There’s a petition out there for Bixby’s under-acclaimed yet wonderful TV series, “The Magician” (1973), his best work IMHO. Please sign it and spread the word. This DVD is unlikely to see the light of day without petition support. http://petitiononline.com/TMDvD1/

27. Annie says:

Happy New Year.
    I found Bill Bixby a great inspiration.
    I hope he gets all the credit he genuinely deserves.
    When I heard Bill Bixby had passed away my world was shattered and my life had a big hole in it. I first saw this wonderful actor 33 years ago and at a distance he changed my life.
    Now, I feel the pain as an adult but it is a comfort that other people care about him in their own way. The pain in myself was I did not have the outlet to tell anyone just how much he was the perfect man to me. This sounds immature now but as a young lady I just wanted to let him know how much I cared.
    Thanx for the chance to say this and all the best in this venture. x

28. moralee says:

This is a wonderful idea. He deserves an Emmy and his work justifies that. He was/is one of my very favorite actors and I have this feeling that he was a very nice person.
    I hope a lot of people sign the petition.

29. Brenda says:

I loved all his work, especially The Courtship of Eddie’s Father. I read somewhere that knowing Brandon Cruz made him want to have children.
    There’s a Courtship profile on MySpace —
    Bill Bixby would be very proud to know people care about him so much. Hats off to Renee Tufo!

30. Anita Haas says:

I remember!
    We just saw ClamBake a movie with Elvis and he was in it. They raced speed boats, he was young and hot!

31. Maluka says:

Bill Bixby was an amazing man and definitely deserving of an Emmy. Kudos to the woman who’s working so hard to get him what he deserves.
    I urge everyone to sign the petition.