Scott Porter (“Friday Night Lights”) has landed a role in Warner Bros.’ “Speed Racer,” which starts lensing this month in Berlin. Porter will play Rex, the older brother to Speed Racer who fakes his death and returns as Racer X (Matthew Fox). Emile Hirsch plays the title role; cast includes John Goodman and Susan Sarandon. Andy and Larry Wachowski wrote and will direct the pic.Porter recently completed a lead role in Screen Gems’ “Prom Night” opposite Brittany Snow.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- MLB Network, Secaucus, New Jersey
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts
- Amnesty International, London, City of London