Scott Porter (“Friday Night Lights”) has landed a role in Warner Bros.’ “Speed Racer,” which starts lensing this month in Berlin. Porter will play Rex, the older brother to Speed Racer who fakes his death and returns as Racer X (Matthew Fox). Emile Hirsch plays the title role; cast includes John Goodman and Susan Sarandon. Andy and Larry Wachowski wrote and will direct the pic.Porter recently completed a lead role in Screen Gems’ “Prom Night” opposite Brittany Snow.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania