You will be redirected back to your article in seconds

Brigitte Mohn boards Bertelsmann

Family holds remaining 23.1% stake

The Mohn dynasty tightened its control at the top of the Bertelsmann empire on Monday with the appointment of Brigitte Mohn, 43, to its supervisory board.

Mohn, the daughter of Liz and Reinhard Mohn and a descendant of founder Carl Bertelsmann, has been a member of the Bertelsmann Verwaltungsgesellschaft that controls the company since 2002. Along with her mother, Brigitte Mohn is on the executive board of the Bertelsmann Foundation, a charitable organization and political think tank that owns 76.9% of Bertelsmann. The Mohn family holds the remaining 23.1% stake.

Bertelsmann has six divisions, including the RTL Group; BMG, with its 50% stake in Sony BMG; Gruner + Jahr; and Random House.

Mohn, who takes up her post on Jan. 1, has worked for management consultants McKinsey & Co., the Kiel Institute for the World Economy and U.S. publishing companies.

More Scene

  • NMHC Impact Awards

    Aubrey Plaza, NHMC President Call Out Under-Representation of Latinos at Impact Awards

    The Mohn dynasty tightened its control at the top of the Bertelsmann empire on Monday with the appointment of Brigitte Mohn, 43, to its supervisory board. Mohn, the daughter of Liz and Reinhard Mohn and a descendant of founder Carl Bertelsmann, has been a member of the Bertelsmann Verwaltungsgesellschaft that controls the company since 2002. […]

  • 'Seven Seconds' TV show premiere

    Regina King Talks Heaviness of Role in 'Seven Seconds'

    The Mohn dynasty tightened its control at the top of the Bertelsmann empire on Monday with the appointment of Brigitte Mohn, 43, to its supervisory board. Mohn, the daughter of Liz and Reinhard Mohn and a descendant of founder Carl Bertelsmann, has been a member of the Bertelsmann Verwaltungsgesellschaft that controls the company since 2002. […]

  • UnReal Athena Film Festival

    How Trump Beating Clinton Impacted the Gender Politics of 'UnReal' Season 3

    The Mohn dynasty tightened its control at the top of the Bertelsmann empire on Monday with the appointment of Brigitte Mohn, 43, to its supervisory board. Mohn, the daughter of Liz and Reinhard Mohn and a descendant of founder Carl Bertelsmann, has been a member of the Bertelsmann Verwaltungsgesellschaft that controls the company since 2002. […]

  • 'Unsolved: The Murders of Tupac and

    'Unsolved' Stars Point Out Racial Injustice in Biggie and Tupac Murder Cases

    The Mohn dynasty tightened its control at the top of the Bertelsmann empire on Monday with the appointment of Brigitte Mohn, 43, to its supervisory board. Mohn, the daughter of Liz and Reinhard Mohn and a descendant of founder Carl Bertelsmann, has been a member of the Bertelsmann Verwaltungsgesellschaft that controls the company since 2002. […]

  • Taura Stinson, Common, and Diane WarrenVariety

    Common, Pasek and Paul, Diane Warren Reveal Inspiration Behind Oscar-Nominated Songs

    The Mohn dynasty tightened its control at the top of the Bertelsmann empire on Monday with the appointment of Brigitte Mohn, 43, to its supervisory board. Mohn, the daughter of Liz and Reinhard Mohn and a descendant of founder Carl Bertelsmann, has been a member of the Bertelsmann Verwaltungsgesellschaft that controls the company since 2002. […]

  • 'Game Night' film premiere

    'Game Night': Director, Writer Talk 'Straddling Genres' and the Influence of 'Get Out'

    The Mohn dynasty tightened its control at the top of the Bertelsmann empire on Monday with the appointment of Brigitte Mohn, 43, to its supervisory board. Mohn, the daughter of Liz and Reinhard Mohn and a descendant of founder Carl Bertelsmann, has been a member of the Bertelsmann Verwaltungsgesellschaft that controls the company since 2002. […]

  • Esquire 'Mavericks of Hollywood' party

    Terry Crews on His Sexual Assault Lawsuit: 'If I Don’t Get Justice, Nobody Can'

    The Mohn dynasty tightened its control at the top of the Bertelsmann empire on Monday with the appointment of Brigitte Mohn, 43, to its supervisory board. Mohn, the daughter of Liz and Reinhard Mohn and a descendant of founder Carl Bertelsmann, has been a member of the Bertelsmann Verwaltungsgesellschaft that controls the company since 2002. […]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content