Telegdy new exec VP content and production
With “Dancing With the Stars” a major hit, BBC Worldwide America has upped Paul Telegdy to exec VP of content and production — one of several exec appointments announced Tuesday by prexy Garth Ancier.
Telegdy, who had been senior VP of programming and production, will continue to run the company’s L.A. offices, maintaining an active role in the production of the Beeb-produced ABC smash “Dancing.” Promotion comes in the wake of the addition of a Gotham office focused on the cable biz.
Other changes announced by Ancier:
- Chris Carr has been named chief operating officer for U.S. channels, a promotion from his past gig as chief financial officer for BBC America. Andrew Bott will take over CFO duties at BBC America via his gig as CFO for BBC Worldwide America.
- Luke Bradley-Jones, head of strategy at BBC Worldwide in Blighty, will relocate to Gotham Sept. 1 and take on a new gig as exec veepee of business development and digital media.
- Candace Carlisle has been upped to exec VP, co-productions and TV sales.
- Burton Cramer has been upped to exec VP, consumer products, a role that puts him in charge of the BBC’s DVD business in the States and the BBC America Shop.
- Jo Petherbridge, who had run publicity for BBC America, will head up all PR for BBC Worldwide America as exec VP.
“By creating new roles, bringing in some fresh faces and promoting talent within the organization, I am positioning the company for growth,” Ancier said. “The BBC produces more quality television content than any other company and is one of the premier media brands in the world. We now have a strong team working together to expand that brand across the U.S., focusing on growth areas including channels, content and production and digital.”