You will be redirected back to your article in seconds

Fund to sell MPD stake

Group approves sale of film unit

The unit holders of the Movie Distribution Income Fund Friday approved the sale of the Fund’s 49% stake in Motion Picture Distribution, Canada’s leading film distrib, to a company controlled by Toronto private equity firm EdgeStone Capital Partners.

The other 51% of Motion Picture Distribution was owned by Alliance Atlantis, but EdgeStone Capital and a subsidiary of Goldman Sachs are in the process of taking over the distrib.

EdgeStone and Goldman Sachs are paying around C$193 million ($180 million) for the 49% stake.

More Film

  • LONDON, ENGLAND - FEBRUARY 15: Gregg

    Variety Lights Up London Honours Bash with 10 Brits to Watch

    The unit holders of the Movie Distribution Income Fund Friday approved the sale of the Fund’s 49% stake in Motion Picture Distribution, Canada’s leading film distrib, to a company controlled by Toronto private equity firm EdgeStone Capital Partners. The other 51% of Motion Picture Distribution was owned by Alliance Atlantis, but EdgeStone Capital and a […]

  • Marvel Studios' BLACK PANTHER..Zuri (Forest Whitaker)..Photo:

    'Black Panther' Is A Legit Phenomenon, but Will It Be An Oscar Player?

    The unit holders of the Movie Distribution Income Fund Friday approved the sale of the Fund’s 49% stake in Motion Picture Distribution, Canada’s leading film distrib, to a company controlled by Toronto private equity firm EdgeStone Capital Partners. The other 51% of Motion Picture Distribution was owned by Alliance Atlantis, but EdgeStone Capital and a […]

  • Benicio del Toro Predator

    Benicio del Toro Joins 'Rise and Fall of the Brown Buffalo' as Exec Producer (EXCLUSIVE)

    The unit holders of the Movie Distribution Income Fund Friday approved the sale of the Fund’s 49% stake in Motion Picture Distribution, Canada’s leading film distrib, to a company controlled by Toronto private equity firm EdgeStone Capital Partners. The other 51% of Motion Picture Distribution was owned by Alliance Atlantis, but EdgeStone Capital and a […]

  • 3 Tage in Quiberon 3 Days

    Berlin Film Review: '3 Days in Quiberon'

    The unit holders of the Movie Distribution Income Fund Friday approved the sale of the Fund’s 49% stake in Motion Picture Distribution, Canada’s leading film distrib, to a company controlled by Toronto private equity firm EdgeStone Capital Partners. The other 51% of Motion Picture Distribution was owned by Alliance Atlantis, but EdgeStone Capital and a […]

  • 'Profile' Review: Timur Bekmambetov's Lurid Online

    Berlin Film Review: 'Profile'

    The unit holders of the Movie Distribution Income Fund Friday approved the sale of the Fund’s 49% stake in Motion Picture Distribution, Canada’s leading film distrib, to a company controlled by Toronto private equity firm EdgeStone Capital Partners. The other 51% of Motion Picture Distribution was owned by Alliance Atlantis, but EdgeStone Capital and a […]

  • 'Black Panther' Heading to Box Office

    Box Office: 'Black Panther' Heads to Glory With $235 Million Holiday Weekend

    The unit holders of the Movie Distribution Income Fund Friday approved the sale of the Fund’s 49% stake in Motion Picture Distribution, Canada’s leading film distrib, to a company controlled by Toronto private equity firm EdgeStone Capital Partners. The other 51% of Motion Picture Distribution was owned by Alliance Atlantis, but EdgeStone Capital and a […]

More From Our Brands

Access exclusive content