The Weinstein Co. said Tuesday that it has acquired publishing and screen rights to Bridie Clark’s upcoming novel “I Think She’s Got It.” Billed as a modern update of “Pygmalion” and set in contempo Gotham, the story tracks a shy young Midwesterner who is transformed into a sophisticated Manhattan socialite by a dashing man-about-town. Weinstein Books will publish the novel in 2009, and the company also has optioned rights to develop and produce the project for film and TV. Clark, a former book and magazine editor, has written for several magazines and the New York Times.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut