Warner Bros. has acquired screen rights to “The Shannara,” the bestselling fantasy book series by Terry Brooks, the second biggest-selling living fantasy book writer, after Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling. WB has franchise hopes for his 14-book series, which is set 1,000 years in the future, in a world populated by elves, trolls, gnomes and dwarves in a post-apocalyptic Earth. The Shannara family is a half-Elf, half-man clan with magical abilities and warrior skills who must save the world. “The Shannara” has never been optioned for film treatment because the author has avoided it. WB intends to first develop “The Elfstones of Shannara,” the second book in the series.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut