Rogue Pictures has made a deal to turn the Wayans Brothers comicbook creation “Super Bad James Dynomite” into a live-action comedy that will star Marlon Wayans as the title character.Rogue optioned the comic, which was created and written by Marlon and brothers Shawn and Keenen Ivory Wayans. The studio also bought a script that Marlon wrote with Shawn, Xavier Cook and Mitchell Marchand. Dynomite is an inner-city antihero reminiscent of blaxploitation staples Shaft, Dolemite and Black Belt Jones. Framed by a rival and sent away for a long prison stretch, he returns hopelessly out of step. He must regain his cool and try to take down the man who framed him.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania