Internet service to carry news and reviews
Variety and MSN have concluded a deal under which Variety content will be available to MSN’s 465 million unique users worldwide.Under terms of the deal, MSN will carry a broad range of entertainment topics from Variety, including breaking news, reviews, columns, blogs and in-depth coverage of awards shows and film festivals. Aside from carrying the material, MSN will provide links to Variety.com. Among the many items also included in the deal:
- Hundreds of reviews each year, including movie critiques from chief film critic Todd McCarthy, as well as reviews of TV and music;
- Anne Thompson’s weekly film column;
- Cynthia Littleton’s online TV column;
- The Set List, Phil Gallo’s blog on the music industry;
- Season Pass, the blog in which various Variety editors and reporters appraise the TV season;
- Video coverage of daily entertainment news;
- Video of celebrity interviews.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!