Tim Allen will star in “Redbelt,” the mixed martial arts drama David Mamet wrote and will direct for Sony Pictures Classics. Production starts next month in L.A. Chiwetel Ejiofor co-stars. Ejiofor, who was the first actor Mamet set, stars as a Jiu-jitsu master whose purity is compromised when he is drawn into the movie business and manipulated into brawling in ultimate fighting matches. Allen plays a troubled action star with marital problems who meets the master when he is getting pummeled in a street fight. Ejiofor has been training in London with members of the Gracie family, the renowned Brazilian fighting clan.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut