DreamWorks has made a deal with Aaron Sorkin to write three films, the first of which will be “The Trial of the Chicago 7,” a drama Steven Spielberg hopes to direct. The drama focuses on the trials of protestors at the 1968 Democratic convention in Chicago, where clashes between demonstrators and police made it one of the defining events of the ’60s. Spielberg and producers Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald have been developing the project with Sorkin for some time.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut