Sony Pictures has greenlit an update of “The Lodger,” an early Alfred Hitchcock film about a Jack the Ripper-like serial killer, for David Ondaatje to write, direct and produce. Ondaatje will use the novel of the same name by Marie Belloc Lowndes, which served as the basis for Hitchcock’s 1927 silent film, as the jumping-off point. Sony’s version will be set in present-day Los Angeles and revolve around a copycat killer. Ondaatje will make his directing debut with the project, which he is producing with Michael Mailer.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania