HandMade Films has hired Charles Shyer to direct “Eloise in Paris,” the first of several planned bigscreen adaptations of the Kay Thompson-Hilary Knight children’s book series about the precocious kid who lives in Gotham’s Plaza Hotel. Shyer will write the script with Larry Spencer and Hallie Meyers-Shyer. The latter is Shyer’s 19-year old daughter, whose mother is the writer-director Nancy Meyers. A February production start is planned, and the film will shoot in London, Paris and New York. Started by the late Beatles guitarist George Harrison in the 1980s, HandMade was relaunched by Patrick Meehan, with the “Eloise” book series one of its plum properties.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut