HandMade Films has hired Charles Shyer to direct “Eloise in Paris,” the first of several planned bigscreen adaptations of the Kay Thompson-Hilary Knight children’s book series about the precocious kid who lives in Gotham’s Plaza Hotel. Shyer will write the script with Larry Spencer and Hallie Meyers-Shyer. The latter is Shyer’s 19-year old daughter, whose mother is the writer-director Nancy Meyers. A February production start is planned, and the film will shoot in London, Paris and New York. Started by the late Beatles guitarist George Harrison in the 1980s, HandMade was relaunched by Patrick Meehan, with the “Eloise” book series one of its plum properties.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- MLB Network, Secaucus, New Jersey
- John Paul the Great Catholic University, Escondido, California
- Cal State U Fullerton, Fullerton, California
- Brooklyn College, CUNY, New York
- Fork Films LLC, New York, New York