Morgan Freeman will play former South African President Nelson Mandela in “The Human Factor,” an independently financed drama, based on the upcoming John Carlin book “The Human Factor: Nelson Mandela and the Game That Changed the World.” Freeman, who this weekend reprises his role as God, alongside Steve Carell in the Tom Shadyac-directed “Evan Almighty,” will produce the Mandela film with his Revelations Entertainment partner Lori McCreary and Mace Neufeld. South African scribe Anthony Peckham (“Don’t Say a Word”) wrote the script. Film is set after the fall of apartheid, when South Africa was host to the 1995 Rugby World Cup. Mandela was in his first term as South African president, and he used the event as a way to end decades of mistrust and hatred between whites and blacks.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut