Lakeshore is “cranking” it up again. Company headed by chairman and CEO Tom Rosenberg is reteaming with “Crank” creators Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor on “Game,” a high-concept futuristic thriller that will star Gerald Butler. Neveldine and Taylor have written the script and will direct the movie, which will begin shooting in January. Film is set in a dystopian future of implanted nano-devices, where the ultimate online simulation environment is humans remote-controlling other humans in mass-scale, multiplayer online gaming. The lead character, played by Butler, is a worldwide sensation, and the top-ranked warrior in a game called “Slayers.” With his every move tracked by millions, he battles to regain his identity and bring down the entire system.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida
- MRC, Beverly Hills, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California