Universal Pictures and Spyglass have set Greg Kinnear and Lauren Graham to star in “Flash of Genius,” a drama that marks the feature directing debut of producer Marc Abraham. Kinnear plays Robert Kearns, the inventor of the intermittent windshield wiper, who spent most of his life battling the Detroit automakers he charged with stealing his invention. Graham, plays Phyllis Kearns, who watches her husband’s obsession with legal retribution suffocate their marriage and put a strain on their children. Production begins in July in Toronto. Based on a New Yorker article by John Seabrook, the script was written by Phillip Railsback, Scott Frank and Abraham.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut