Universal Pictures has set Angelina Jolie to star alongside James McAvoy and Morgan Freeman in “Wanted,” an action film based on a graphic novel that Timur Bekmambetov will direct. Pic will be Jolie’s next, with shooting to begin in Eastern Europe in May. McAvoy will play a young man who discovers his father is an assassin, only to learn shortly thereafter that his dad has been murdered. The youth is drafted to follow in his father’s footsteps. Jolie will play an assassin who teaches the ropes to the wannabe killer.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- MLB Network, Secaucus, New Jersey
- John Paul the Great Catholic University, Escondido, California
- Cal State U Fullerton, Fullerton, California
- Brooklyn College, CUNY, New York
- Fork Films LLC, New York, New York