Focus Features co-chair James Schamus has revived “A Little Game” — months after the project imploded — and brought in frequent collaborator Ang Lee to direct. Project is expected to be Lee’s next project after “Lust, Caution,” his World War II-era pic set in Shanghai. “Game” will mark his third straight pic for Focus after “Brokeback Mountain” and “Lust, Caution.” Schamus is rewriting the romantic comedy, an adaptation of a French play called “A Little Game of Consequence.” It centers on a happily engaged Brooklyn couple who decide to play an experiment on their friends; when a rumor goes around that they have broken up, they play along to find out what their pals really think of their coupling.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California