Focus Features co-chair James Schamus has revived “A Little Game” — months after the project imploded — and brought in frequent collaborator Ang Lee to direct. Project is expected to be Lee’s next project after “Lust, Caution,” his World War II-era pic set in Shanghai. “Game” will mark his third straight pic for Focus after “Brokeback Mountain” and “Lust, Caution.” Schamus is rewriting the romantic comedy, an adaptation of a French play called “A Little Game of Consequence.” It centers on a happily engaged Brooklyn couple who decide to play an experiment on their friends; when a rumor goes around that they have broken up, they play along to find out what their pals really think of their coupling.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- ONSLOT, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California