“Wild Hogs” director Walt Becker has inked a first-look deal at Disney to develop projects to direct and produce. First up is the comic pitch “My Samurai,” with Matt Lopez writing the script. Becker will direct, and he will produce with Mandeville partners David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman. Story concerns an American who, while on a business trip to Japan, saves the life of a homeless man who claims he’s the last in a long line of samurai. The businessman’s life is turned upside down when the so-called samurai shows up on his doorstep, pledging eternal service and loyalty.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut