Edward Zwick and Daniel Craig are teaming for World War II action-drama “Defiance,” about a band of Jewish resistance fighters. Paramount Vantage is in advanced negotiations to pick up domestic distribution rights. Zwick is writing, directing and producing. Film — the next for both of them — is based on a true story and is set to begin shooting in early September, meaning Craig will shoot “Defiance” before he begins filming the next James Bond installment. Storyline follows four Jewish brothers living in Nazi occupied Poland who escape into the forest, where they join up with Russian resistance fighters in battling the Nazis and trying to save the lives of other Jews.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut