Fox 2000 has set John Carney to direct “Town House,” a Doug Wright-scripted comedy that begins production in January. film marks the studio debut for the director of the Sundance prize-winning film “Once.” Scott Free is producing. Story revolves around the son of a dead rock legend who has managed to live as a recluse by slowly selling off his dad’s memorabilia. But he runs out of things to sell and is forced to sell the townhouse his father left him. The imminent sale forces the man to come to terms with himself and his role as a father to a teenage son. The comedy, which will shoot on the East Coast, is based on a novel by Tish Cohen.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut