Par moved 8.3 million disc units in the week following the Oct. 16 DVD bow of the Michael Bay pic. No other title has moved faster this year.
- Available on DVD and HD DVD
- Worldwide B.O.: $701 million
The domestic box office champ this year with nearly $337 million in receipts, it will be rolled out in a web of six product SKUs designed to stick to even the slickest store shelves.
- Available today on DVD and Blu-ray
- Worldwide B.O.: $891 million
SHREK THE THIRD
After falling short on ambitious sales goals for “Shrek 2” — and triggering shareholder revolt in the process — Katzenberg and crew are hoping “Third’s” the charm.
- Available Nov. 13 on DVD and HD DVD
- Worldwide B.O.: $792 million
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD’S END
The release marks Disney’s first major Blu-ray foray. The high-def version sports a treasure chest of interactive fun. Missing, however, is a feature that lets the viewer sort out the script.
- Available Dec. 4 on DVD and Blu-ray
- Worldwide B.O.: $961 million
THE SIMPSONS MOVIE
When “d’oh!” means dough: After cleaning up with 10 seasons’ worth of “Simpsons” TV-on-DVD releases, Fox’s homevid arm now gets to market a global feature hit.
- Available Dec. 18 on DVD and Blu-ray
- Worldwide B.O.: $523 million
HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
A steady “Potter” pipeline has been instrumental in keeping Warner No. 1 in homevid market share for most of Daniel Radcliffe’s pre-adult life.
- Available Dec. 11 on DVD, Blu-ray and HD DVD
- Worldwide B.O.: $936 million