- Barbie products are sold in 150 countries, with more than 1,000 licensees, only 85 of which are in the U.S. Consequently, Barbie has represented 45 nationalities.
- Cumulatively, the nine Barbie DVDs released since 2001 have sold 37 million copies worldwide.
- To date, 55 fashion houses have contributed to Barbie’s wardrobe, ranging from the classic (Cartier) to the modern (Vera Wang) to the edgy (Vivienne Westwood, perhaps the only designer to clothe both Barbie and Sid Vicious).
- Last year, Barbie-branded Web sites averaged 64 million total visitors per month.
- Barbie Couture, an adult clothing line launched in Japan in 2004, now has 23 boutiques in the country as well as another six in Taiwan.
- According to a 2006 tracking study, girls between 3 and 10 years old who own Barbie dolls own an average of 12.
- The highest price ever paid for a Barbie was the $17,000 bid for a 1965 version doll at a 2006 auction in London.
- Totally Hair Barbie, first released in 1992, holds the record as the bestselling single Barbie product, with more than 10 million dolls sold.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more