New document expands allegations
Anthony Pellicano and five co-defendants pleaded not guilty Monday to a revised federal wiretapping and racketeering indictment.
The document, filed Feb. 14, expands allegations that the Hollywood private eye wiretapped the ex-wife of Kirk Kerkorian during a child custody dispute.
Pellicano has also been accused in past legal filings of wiretapping the phones of Hollywood stars and bribing police officers to run the names of more than 60 people, including comedians Garry Shandling and Kevin Nealon, through government databases.
The latest version of the indictment said Pellicano listened to Lisa Bonder Kerkorian talking to people involved in the custody case, including her lawyer and a mediator.
Pellicano, Kerkorian’s lawyer Terry Christensen and four other defendants awaiting trial previously pleaded not guilty in the case. They are scheduled to be tried together in August.
Attorney Steven Gruel, who represents Pellicano, has said the revisions add nothing new to the case.
He claimed prosecutors have been wasting their time in front of a grand jury rather than dealing with issues raised by the defense and moving toward trial.
Pellicano remains in custody.